Sunday, August 8, 2010

the end of a good thing




It's the beginning of week eleven.

I can't believe it.

I have now been here for 1/4 of my year. What? y i k e s.

it's been amazing,

it's been hard,
it's been a b r e e z e.
it's been 1 million different adjectives. All I know that I have been shown the Lord's faithfulness time and time again. There is no way that I can take credit for being here second half, it was all his doing. Funny thing is that he was constantly preparing my heart for the transition. He used a dream, a few conversations, and a letter.

Funny how He marvelously works. I feel so blessed that I have been able to stay and get to know the second half staff, a privilege that I didn't have last summer.

Here are the three beautiful children that I got to know very well this summer, being their nanny second half.


This is Allie. She said to me a couple weeks ago...
"Mallory, do you have to leave?"
"Yes, Allie I do."
"Well can you be like Mary Poppins? She stayed as long as the wind changed... and that was a very long time."
love her.
note: allie hiding behind my leg. :)

I've never really spent a lot of time nannying or babysitting growing up, so for my director and his wife to ask me to stay at camp to be their nanny second half came as a delightful shock at first. As I think it did to many of my fellow staffers :) The first couple of weeks I was immersed in comments such as... "are they still alive?" ... :) but it has been fun and a growing experience. Week 11 has come and gone and yes, they are still in one piece. Although, I did leave tonight and Caleb had giant goose egg on his forehead... so almost completely in one piece.

It's the end of a really good thing.

I'm blessed to have this experience.
I'm headed home.
See ya later Tyler, Tx.


No comments:

Post a Comment